Answered

Does ROAM require wifi for initial setup?

• 9 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Not to be a broken record as I see other similar posts concerning the inability of people to set up their ROAM - but Ive seen some replies suggesting that the initial setup must be done on wifi. But I do not have wifi at present and want to just use it in bluetooth - but like others, I cant ever get it in bluetooth mode, and when I use the app (yes, its S2) it doesnt give any ability to connect/set up without connecting to wifi network - which I dont have.

Soooo...not trying to pile on, but how is this so difficult and why would Sonos require setup on wifi (if that is indeed the case)?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 June 2021, 17:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Yes, it currently requires being set up on a Sonos system before it can enable the bluetooth functionality. Being on a Sonos system does require a network/wifi signal to be present.

I wouldn’t expect that to change anytime soon, for lots of reasons. For better or worse, the Roam isn’t “just” a Bluetooth speaker.