Then add 3 off Sonos Play to give streaming radio around the house. Oh mine what a pain this Sonos is.
Everything works one day. Sonos app on the phone works great, Sonos app on Macbook works great. Then it all stops. Nothing works. What is going on this the Sonos?
I keep a permanent ping to all three Sonos Play units so I know the IP connectivity is all good. I can ping them all. However, the phone app can't find anything. The Macbook can't.
I have to reset everything and start again from scratch. What a pain - does anything know what the Sonos are actually doing, given the IP is all good, what are they doing?
I am very close to giving up, any suggestions what to replace the 3 Sonos units with?
Best answer by ratty
- re-enable the wireless on SP1
- bring SP2 and SP3 to within range of SP1 and power them up
- make sure all show in the controller (they should all be WM:0 at this point)
- go into Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup and reconfirm the WiFi details
- wait 30 seconds
- power off SP2 and SP3
- disable the wireless on SP1
- take SP2 and SP3 to the remote area and power them up
- you should see WM:0 for SP1 and WM:1 for SP2/3 in About My Sonos System