Question

Divorce ! Can I save Sonos settings and Playlist in new house

I am moving and having to start a new sonos system at my new house - will my sonos playlists etc come over with me or do they stay on this system? How can I save my music?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Vivien, 

are you planning to move any of the current Sonos devices to your new house? 

If so, the index of your music will stay in the Players, the actual music itself however is not saved in Sonos but on your laptop or NAS (network harddrive). 

In short: If you bring your computer carrying your music, and at least one Sonos Player, you will keep your current playlists and access to your music. 

Regards, 

Daniel H. 
Hi Vivien, 

If so, the index of your music will stay in the Players, the actual music itself however is not saved in Sonos but on your laptop or NAS (network harddrive). 

In short: If you bring your computer carrying your music, and at least one Sonos Player, you will keep your current playlists and access to your music. 

Regards, 

Daniel H. 

thanks - i am taking my computer and a speaker - i have bought a new bridge and another speaker - so is that sufficient to keep my current playlists and access to my music. will the music also stay at my current place as there is also the computer here.? thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Vivien, 

Regards, 

Daniel H. 

Hi Vivien, 

the music on your computer will not be accessible once you move it, as won't you be able to access the music on the other computer.

When setting up the system it is important to first wire the speaker from the old location to your router and add the new components to it !!! 
Userlevel 2
Hi Vivien, 

Regards, 

Daniel H. 

Daniel, why is that when SONOS speakers are detached from mains, all the saved Radio Stations disappear? Can't you people have an internal battery , similar to batteries found on Motherboards of PC or laptops? Requesting an acknowledgement. Thanks. Kumar
Userlevel 2
Hi Vivien, 

Regards, 

Daniel H. 

Further to my above query , I may add that the saved Radio Stations were in SONOS control panel in iPad. The saved stations just disappeared, once SONOS Play one was detached from mains, FYI.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Vivien, 

Regards, 

Daniel H. 

Hi Kumar, 

please raise this as an improvement request in our Idea section of this community. 

Regards, 

Daniel 

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings