Answered

Difficulty all around

Bought two Sonos One, Play 3 and the Bridge. Was he’ll connecting them in the first place but eventually it did.. Seemed the signal was not strong enough due to these concrete walls here in Okinawa,Japan! So just bought the Boost but now the controller on my phone won’t connect to anything, can’t find it on my network, Boost not popping up and I have been at it all evening and now this morning. Read on Amazon Sonos manufactures discontinued the Bridge, is that my issue but how will I connect my speakers via internet like I had before..
icon

Best answer by Keith N 6 July 2018, 23:19

DrkSknIslandBoi: Sounds like you are having troubles with wireless connectivity. This means that a factory reset isn't likely to resolve the problem. Let's focus our attention on your router and forget about the Boost or Bridge, for now. If you plug any of your players (Sonos One or Play:3) into the router, does it come up? If you power on another player in the same room, does that one come up? What happens if you take that wireless player to a different room? If the wireless player disappears, then we know it is something environmental (likely those concrete walls).

The biggest benefit you get from using the Boost configuration is how robust the Sonos network becomes. That doesn't change that it still has to deal with the wireless environment. That being said, I know of a number of folks who have Ethernet drops run through their house because of the environment.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Moved my Sonos One in my room. Only one is connecting for some reason. Had them as a left and right pair but one can’t be found so the pair isn’t enabled.. Play 3 is in the living room and not being found either.. How can I reset everything and start from a clean start if that’s what it takes..?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
DrkSknIslandBoi: Sounds like you are having troubles with wireless connectivity. This means that a factory reset isn't likely to resolve the problem. Let's focus our attention on your router and forget about the Boost or Bridge, for now. If you plug any of your players (Sonos One or Play:3) into the router, does it come up? If you power on another player in the same room, does that one come up? What happens if you take that wireless player to a different room? If the wireless player disappears, then we know it is something environmental (likely those concrete walls).

The biggest benefit you get from using the Boost configuration is how robust the Sonos network becomes. That doesn't change that it still has to deal with the wireless environment. That being said, I know of a number of folks who have Ethernet drops run through their house because of the environment.
I'd be interested to know how the OP introduced The Boost in place of the Bridge, as that operation is often done incorrectly, and might be an alternative explanation for the difficulties.