Desperate for help!

Own two connect amp, working fine for more than 5 years. Recently one of the connect amp disconnects after 1 minute of playback and disappears from the controller. If I unplug power cord, it will appear again in the room list, but drops again. To avoid this problem, I bought a Sonos Boost and has been working fine for three weeks. Recently the same problem I had originally with direct connection to the router is happening with the boost connection, and the second connect amp disappears. Sometimes it shows that music is playing but there is no audio and music search gives error message. I have called Sonos Support and spent one hour waiting without response. I have tried hard reset and problem persists. Diagnostic number is 1371628026 and 1687684741. I see this is a very common problem but the threads in the community show no solutions. Please advise!!!!!!: @

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi gcandray, the next time that ZP100 drops off of the network can you press the mute button on it and see if the lights respond? Also, try holding the minus to see if it mutes itself. Finally, try pressing the mute and the + to see if the lights change there as well.

If the unit doesn't respond, it's likely locking up due to a hardware issue and may need to be replaced. If that's the case, you can contact the team using any of the details here and they'll help you out with confirming a fault and the next steps.
Failing power supply? What happens if you swap the power cables for the two devices? Just one thing to eliminate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sounds to me like an IP address issue. Do you know how to go into router and assign all your sonos units new static ip addresses? Common problem after updates and easy permanent fix (its actually not sonos that is the issue but some other device on your network holding on to an incorrect ip address).

If don't know how or want to reserve ip addresses (which is the permanent fix). Otherwise you have to turn off every network device in your house to find the offending devices and then reboot reboot router and then all your devices.
Ok I tried changing cables but problem persists.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
See my answer
I have tried reserving IP addresses using two different routers, however this is one of the reasons why I bought the Sonos Boost, since I understood It would solve all connection problems. So even though I reset the boost and hard reset both connect:amps, the second one always gets lost from the controller.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You tried on two different routers (you actually switched to a completely different router). So you did reserve them then?

With the boost inserted in the mix - what channel is your boost broadcasting on and what channel is your router broadcasting on? Also keep the boost as far away from router as cord allows.
I have tried changing the channel on the controller also, all of them 1,6 and 11 without results. Router has Auto channel selection. Currently I have reserved the IP for the boost and both Connect:AMP but problem persists.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would take router off auto select and put it on 1, 6 or 11 and then put Sonos on one of the alternates of that. Such as router on 1 and Sonos on 11

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings