Answered

create stereo pair

i bought a sonos 1 and sonos play 1 and i am trying to pair them right and left. when i try to do that i receive a message no sonos play: 1 available. but both speakers are working in my network . they are just not right and left speakers. i need some help or i will send the speakers back. Sonos is very difficult to work with.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 13 July 2018, 03:10

Do you mean a Play 1 and Play One? I do not believe the two different speakers will pair for stereo, you can group them to get both playing the same (mono) music though.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1066?language=en_US

Sonos products that can be stereo paired

To create a stereo pair, you will need two Sonos speakers that are the same model (for example, two PLAY:3s). It is not possible to create a stereo pair with Sonos speakers that are different models. It is not possible to stereo pair a Sonos PLAY:1 with a Sonos One.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Do you mean a Play 1 and Play One? I do not believe the two different speakers will pair for stereo, you can group them to get both playing the same (mono) music though.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1066?language=en_US

Sonos products that can be stereo paired

To create a stereo pair, you will need two Sonos speakers that are the same model (for example, two PLAY:3s). It is not possible to create a stereo pair with Sonos speakers that are different models. It is not possible to stereo pair a Sonos PLAY:1 with a Sonos One.

Not to be overly pedantic (but here I go anyway), it's a PLAY:1 and a Sonos One. There is no PLAY One

:)
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Sigh, I hope whoever had that brilliant naming idea is locked in a closet with a tech support phone to deal with the confusion he caused. Thanks for catching that.
Laugh. I'm definitely on board with that thought, hopefully with the person who thought that the PLAY:5 (second generation) should be called the same thing as the PLAY:5.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Maybe they fired the guy that did this before they named the Beam?

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings