Question

Control all devices with TV remote

• 11 January 2020
  • 3 replies

I have Beam connected to TV (optic audio connection).

2x SONOS-Ones paired, then can group together with Beam

I can get Beam volume controlled by TV remote. However when TV off/on, TV audio only reverts to only coming from Beam. With SONOS App I have to regroup Ones to Beam.  Audio also comes from TV speakers - have to effectively set up remote each time. 

My objective is two fold

1. Group all speakers, hopefully giving stereo/surround effect, and allow master volume to be consistently managed by TV remote. 
  2. Stream music, using Airplay at moment as I get used to setting up system, without compromising TV volume control when I switch back to TV. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you get any help at all on this pls let me know!

Big silence so far. Not sure I’m convinced that Sonos is serious about support. 
But if I do hear something I’ll post !!

Hello everyone. Sorry about the delay here. The TV remote will only control the volume of the Beam, and its satellites (surrounds, and a SUB). Any grouped speakers will not respond to your remote when you control the volume. In this case, your Sonos Ones.  If you want them to respond to the TV remote, then you would need to add those speakers as surrounds to the Beam. You can add surrounds by following our article on adding surrounds here.

In the meantime, I will pass your concerns along to our development team regarding the ability to control grouped speakers with a TV remote. Thank you for the feedback.