Connectivity Nightmare

• 22 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey Gang.

After having playbar/P1s/Sub 5.1 and a few other P1s a P5(Gen 2) and a One I got a great deal on an additional P1. This prompted me to get a Beam to set up a 5.0 system in the other room.

Since that I noticed several sun issues to my Boost. After speaking with Sonos they could see IP issues do to how I run a couple of routers.

That was sorted but today I noticed only on speaker (P5) has been running in WM:0 while the others have been 1 & 2…. This does my OCD no good and I had to sort.

After all sorts of resigning problems with speakers not wanting to add etc I persevered and finally now have everything in WM:0. Anyone else ever had this kind of issue that they just MUST fix lol. Beam & surrounds great in 2nd lounge true played in. don't think I’ll add sub in here but who knows lol

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @Ali-Star,  thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you have performed. To further assist you on this, please wire one of your speakers to your router (not your modem) and start playback from the Sonos app for a few minutes. Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information. Also, we’d appreciate it if you will provide us the make and model of your routers to check hardware compatibility. If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.

Badge

Hi Rowena, thanks for response. 

all sorted as I explained. I have a Sonos boost connected (as my router is FTTP located under the stairs). I had to reset every speaker and then add them again. 

all now show WM: 0

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Why the reset? Couldn't you just have cleared the wifi credentals from the Sonos devices?

Boost Setup | Sonos Community