Answered

"Connection Error" with Spotify

• 17 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Diagnostics: 1020127941

Hello!

So my problem is the following:

I have an IKEA symfonisk lamp/speaker. I recently needed to change internet providers so I have a new router. Today I wanted to connect for the first time since that change to my device when I was unable to find it in the system without an Ethernet cable. To be able to connect again through Wi-fi I had to:

1.  Reboot my speaker to factory settings
  2. Change my SONOS account to a different email.

After that and at least 2 hours of troubleshooting I managed to reconnect my speaker to my phone. However, as it is a new account I need to add Spotify. 

I have tried to connect to it many times but once I finish setting it up on Spotify’s end, I come back to the app at it gives me this “Connection Error” to Spotify and I am unable to add my account. My speaker is currently connected through Wi-fi and is able to play music through the Spotify App but not through Sonos due to this issue.

I don’t know what’s happening and what I must’ve done wrong but if anyone knows what I can do to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 September 2022, 11:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nessienogueira 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

1.  Reboot my speaker to factory settings
  2. Change my SONOS account to a different email.

Neither of these steps will have been strictly necessary, though they obviously did work for you. We don’t recommend factory resetting without guidance to do so from our technical support team - unless selling the product.

There are a significant number of failed transmissions between your speaker and the router - please ensure there are no other WiFi devices near either, and that they are not too close to each other. Our reducing wireless interference page may be of help.

Failing that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who will be happy to go through some real-time troubleshooting with you.

I hope this helps.

Sounds like BS to me. This is so obviously a bug with sonos. Poorly implemented software

No wifi equipment manufacturer would make a statement like this It is so obviously complete BS. :

“There are a significant number of failed transmissions between your speaker and the router - please ensure there are no other WiFi devices near either, and that they are not too close to each other. Our reducing wireless interference page may be of help. “

Other similar posts have recommended rebooting the router even though the only equipment struggling is the sonos.

I am currently in the same situation as the OP and don’t appreciate BS answers like this which just muddy the waters. If you don’t know the answer refrain from answering -- please.

That’s certainly an interesting perspective.

At the end of the day, a network device can only be as good as the network it is connected to. The simple fact is that these are not BS responses, and have been working in helping people adjust their networks for reliable playback since Sonos was originally released, in 2005.