Answered

Connection

• 6 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I don't like sonos, every person that has your internet password can manipulate your equipment, sometimes I am listening music and my sister stop the music change the song, if I had know this I never had buy sonos
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 6 June 2019, 06:19

Should have done your homework before buying the system so you understood what a whole house wireless entertainment system is.

At this point your best route is to split your Sonos off your existing WiFi and put it on a second system. A travel router should do that nicely.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Should have done your homework before buying the system so you understood what a whole house wireless entertainment system is.

At this point your best route is to split your Sonos off your existing WiFi and put it on a second system. A travel router should do that nicely.
I don't like sonos, every person that has your internet password can manipulate your equipment, sometimes I am listening music and my sister stop the music change the song, if I had know this I never had buy sonos

Most routers have a Guest feature that lets you set up a separate SSID/password that allows internet access, but blocks access to your local LAN. If you do not trust guests with your music, you most certainly wouldn't trust them with personal data on your LAN, so you should give them the Guest password and change the password to your personal WiFi.