Answered

Connecting sonos to Denon AVR-960H and Sony projector VPLVW715ES

• 27 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

I am attempting to connect my Sonos Arc Surround sound to a Denon AVR-S960H with my video source being a Sony projector VPLVW715ES. My video source is a chrome cast and that is working fine through the receiver. I have turned Arc on but Sonos is not finding it once connected and I try to set it up in the App. Do I need the Sonos Port to make this work? Is there a setting I am missing?

Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 June 2022, 01:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What is the goal of installing ARC? Are you replacing the DENON? Is ARC in a second room?

The goal is to use Arc as the sound for the projector. I bought the Denon to bring the projector and Arc together. Is this something that is possible? The arc is in the same room.

Userlevel 7

I don’t believe connecting the Arc directly to the receiver will work. The Arc needs to be connected to a TV or projector with an HDMI ARC or optical port. Since your projector has neither, you should consider getting an HDFury Arcana to connect the Arc to your projector.

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

If you don’t need premium audio, such as DOLBY ATMOS, you could use the optical connection between the DENON and ARC. Otherwise, Arcana is the answer. If Chrome Cast is your only source, skip the DENON and go directly to Arcana.