Answered

Connecting Sonos Amp to TV, turntable and play speakers

• 30 November 2021
  • 5 replies

In front of my sofa I will position the TV and two Klipsch bookshelf speakers. Behind the sofa will be the Sonos turntable, Sonos Amp and Sonos play speakers for surround sound. 

How do I connect the devices?

I guess this is the solution:

• TV to Amp: run HDMI around the room
  • Amp to speakers: run speaker cables around the room
  • TV to Play speakers: connect wirelessly via the Amp? 

Or is there a better option?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 30 November 2021, 15:39

View original

5 replies

The only thing puzzling me is why the Amp and turntable are behind the sofa and not near the TV and speakers to which they need cable connections??

Well, basically room layout is based on ergonomics and storage space not connection limitations. Record player is on a record player stand which is the right height for playing records and where there is storage space for the vinyl underneath. TV unit is low and has enough space either side for speakers. Hoping Sonos provides a neat solution to avoid two separate systems for hifi and surround. 

Put the Amp by the TV and connect the turntable to a Sonos Port.

Thanks!

So with the amp by the TV, the Sonos Port will stream the music from the turntable to the Sonos Amp and play it through the (non-Sonos) speakers? ]

And with this set up will the TV connect with the Sonos 1s for surround sound? 

Thanks!

So with the amp by the TV, the Sonos Port will stream the music from the turntable to the Sonos Amp and play it through the (non-Sonos) speakers? ]

And with this set up will the TV connect with the Sonos 1s for surround sound? 

Yes, in the Port settings, set the Autoplay to On and the Autoplay Room to play to the Amp and it will automatically play to the Amp when you drop the needle.  Add the Sonos Ones to the Amp as surrounds in the setup for the Amp and you will have surround sound. 

One more thing - The turntable has to have a phono preamp enabled or the sound will be horrible.  All turntables sold by Sonos have a preamp built-in, you just need to switch it on.