Answered

Connecting non-Sonos speakers to a "room"

• 28 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi! Silly question probably but I haven’t had the chance to research yet and thought someone more knowledgeable could save me the time! I have a Sonos sound bar connected to my Samsung QLED TV and also have a smaller Sonos speaker connected to a "room" in our basement so I can play them both while watching videos on YouTube/sports, etc. on the TV. Is it possible to add a non-Sonos speaker to that same network/room so the music could play through all three speakers at once? The speaker is a Monster Rock & Roller 270 and it does have Bluetooth capability. Please advise how/steps if possible...thanks! - Mike

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 July 2021, 02:37

So, short answer is no, not with the equipment you have. You would need to add a Sonos Port, which would then give you an analog output that you could connect to that ‘aux in’ on the Monster device.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If the speaker has line level inputs a Port, if only speaker level inputs an Amp.

Stanley thanks but I’m truly the farthest thing from an audiophile, LOL...not sure I’m following.

So, short answer is no, not with the equipment you have. You would need to add a Sonos Port, which would then give you an analog output that you could connect to that ‘aux in’ on the Monster device.