Answered

Connecting my sonos to a WiFi range extender

• 17 November 2018
  • 4 replies

I have a sonos connected to my WiFi, but the signal isn’t great so i’ve Purchased a range extender to help improve the sonos connection. I can’t get my sonos to connect to it though. Any help?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 17 November 2018, 23:16

You got a non-Sonos range extender? Search here and see if you can find a mention of your unit and if anyone got it to work.

Sonos makes the Boost that might be an option to consider.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You got a non-Sonos range extender? Search here and see if you can find a mention of your unit and if anyone got it to work.

Sonos makes the Boost that might be an option to consider.
Hi, same problem here. I try to connect 1 of my 2 sonos one in the livingroom to my Linksys extender w an ethernet cable and still i can only use the 2,4 GHz network, not the 5 GHz 😞 Is there a way if i changed any setting in the Linksys extender? Which settings have to be changed? I know i could wire a sonos one to the router, but that would mean having a cable across the living room lol. Thank u!
Hi, same problem here. I try to connect 1 of my 2 sonos one in the livingroom to my Linksys extender w an ethernet cable and still i can only use the 2,4 GHz network, not the 5 GHz 😞 Is there a way if i changed any setting in the Linksys extender? Which settings have to be changed? I know i could wire a sonos one to the router, but that would mean having a cable across the living room lol. Thank u!
Sonos isn't compatible with any sort of Wireless Range Extenders for a reason. Both ONEs should establish a connection to your router.
ramiobcn,

The warnings about extenders, repeaters, hotspots etc. are briefly mentioned here in this Sonos Support Page link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126