connecting Move to a wifi extension

• 27 November 2020
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

My Move is connected to my WiFi router most of the time. However, there are times I need it to connect to a WiFi extender. Is it possible to set it up so that it connects to whichever (router or router extender) that has the best signal?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You should be able to simply add the second WiFi details. The Move would then find the stronger signal.

Note that if it’s the repeater type of extender -- as opposed to a wired access point -- it’s not officially supported, but it may work okay.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I can see the TP link extender on my iPhone under the settings/WiFi option - it has the same name as normal network but with a suffix of EXT added. If I connect to this network on my iPhone then I can control my SONOS Move. Yet when I look at “networks” on the Sonos app it only shows the original network (not the extended). So how do I know if the Sonos is actually ,asking use of the tp link extender? And it isn’t, then is it possible to add it as an option? I can’t see it listed anywhere in the Sonos app. 

thanks

If it’s not listed in Setting/System/Network then the details aren’t stored in the system. Use Wireless Setup to add the extra set.