Answered

Connecting In-wall Speakers

• 4 July 2022
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I just purchased a home with in-wall speakers and wall controls in about every room. These speaker wires all terminate in the living room near my entertainment cabinet to a Niles  HDS-6L Speaker Control Box. I have a Sonos Playbase and three other Play:1 wireless speakers. I simply want to push the Sonos Playbase audio to these in-home speakers. How to do?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 July 2022, 18:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’d assume that all these in wall speakers have some sort of amplifier powering them. That amplifier should have some sort of analog line in, which you could use the analog line out of a Sonos Port to feed. Once that is done, it is merely a case of ‘grouping’ the rooms in your system. 

One cautionary note, however. When playing the TV input on your PLAYBASE, the grouped rooms will be at least ~75 ms behind the PLAYBASE, but when streaming music to them, they’ll all be in sync.