Connecting Beosound 8

• 22 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a Beosound 8 I’m trying to connect to a Sonos bridge (well I think that’s what it’s called) the app can see the device but no music is coming out of the speakers. I have the cables supplied plugged into the out ports on the back of the Sonos thing. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Magic! ;)

Thanks Bruce for some reason it is now working even though I haven’t touched it since I typed this. Your reply obviously brought out the speakers best! Cheers 

A Sonos BRIDGE is a networking device, and has no audio capabilities. Is it possible you have a Sonos CONNECT? What does the label say on the bottom? Can you post a picture of the back of the device?

If you have RCA cables connected to jacks labeled Analog Out, then they should be putting out a line level signal, assuming you’re playing something on that Sonos ‘room’ in the Sonos controller. The RCA cables should be connected to an Analog In on the Beosound, assuming it has such a thing.