Connecting Arcam Solo Movie

• 5 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I want to play anything I have connected to my Arcam Solo Movie on my Sonos network. Is this possible? I assume I’d need a Sonos Port? What connections would I need?

I assume this would also allow me to play streamed music etc from Sonos app on/through my Arcam/wired speakers?

I’ve seen lots of articles about connecting a turntable to the Port but that’s not what I’m looking for.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No, the SOLO MOVIE does not provide any appropriate output that SONOS could use.

You could send PORT’s analog or digital Line-Out to the ARCAM.

Ok, thanks. So, is there anyway to do what I am looking for? I am more interested in sending output from Arcam to Sonos network than streaming to the Arcam.

Should have stated that it is an Arcam Solo Movie 2.1 - as there were  different versions. It has a Pre Out Left & Right but I am guessing this is not appropriate either.

Oh! MOVIE 2.1 would work. You would connect PORT to REC OUT as if PORT is a cassette deck. This will allow you to “play” SONOS sources on MOVIE and “record” MOVIE sources on the SONOS system. One point that I could not determine after casually reading through the manual is what happens if you attempt to “record” and “play” PORT simultaneously. This will create an odd sort of feedback loop that you’ll quickly learn to avoid.

Note that there is a 75ms delay between a SONOS Line-In and audio output from the SONOS players. All of the SONOS players will be time aligned with each other, but 75ms behind the MOVIE. This will not be a major issue unless it is possible to simultaneously hear output from MOVIE and REC OUT through a SONOS player.