I’m fairly new to Sonos so please forgive my naivety. I have a very simple set up, ie from my Sony TV I have 2 x active Yamaha HS7 speakers simply connected from the headphone jack in the TV to the powered speakers with a 3.5ml cable that splits in to two that connect with XLR jacks directly in to the speakers. So the TV is essentially muted and TV audio is played through the Yamaha’s.
I also have a Sonos beam in my bedroom. Which I send music too via wifi mainly using Spotify. I would firstly like to add my powered Yamaha’s on to the Sonos network and think the easiest way is with a Sonos connect gen 1 (old school I know). These are my questions:
- What’s the best way to make that connection as I understand if I connect my TV to the Sonos connect and then to the speakers it will be great for just streaming music to the speakers but for TV audio there will be a delay and will be a sync issue between the TV picture and audio. I know the connect is not designed for any audio visual use. So I guess I would need a splitter to switch between TV sound and then just streaming music as it will be two different sources and one that bypasses the TV essentially. Any ideas?
- is there anyway to integrate the beam to use as a centre speaker and have the two Yamaha’s play other audio for movies etc again I guess not due to syncing issues.
- Ultimately just want to get the Yamaha’s on the network so I can send music to the bedroom or to the Yamaha’s and buy another portable Sonos speaker to take outside when BBQ’ing etc. So I can play independently or all together.
- Would I be better off not going the Sonos route and using something else for my needs?
- Please see pics attached.
Many thanks Chris