Answered

Connecting a turntable to Sonos connect amp

• 13 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi,
I have a Sonos connect amp with is currently connected to my TV surround sound.
I tried to connect my turntable to the connect amp but no sound. My turntable does not have a pre amp.
I was told that I could not connect a turntable to it without purchasing another connect amp or a connect.
I purchased a Sonos connect but I don't know how to connect it to the connect amp & then the turntable.
Is this possible to do?
Please help.
Thanks,
Gary
icon

Best answer by gfrischen 15 October 2019, 17:39

Thanks for your help. I had to call Sonos for help & now it is working perfectly.
I purchased this from someone on Facebook market place & it was still configured to his network. We did a factory reset & it finally connected.
Thanks for all of your help.
Gary
View original

4 replies

Can I clarify... your profile only mentions owning a Connect:Amp and Connect, but no Playbar etc. Please would you confirm if the Connect:Amp is driving the rear speakers, or is being used for the main TV sound?
Badge
Yes I have a Sonos play bar & sub. Right now it is being used for the TV surrond sound but I would like to add a turntable.
OK. First, your turntable must have a built in phono preamp or you will need an external one. Assuming built in:

1. Add Connect to your system as a separate 'room'. Might as well call it 'Connect' as it won't be playing anything in its own right.
  2. In the settings for the Connect, set the Autoplay room to whatever room your Playbar is called.
  3. Connect the turntable to Connect line in.
  4. Play some vinyl.
You may have to adjust the line in level setting to get the best result.
Badge
Thanks for your help. I had to call Sonos for help & now it is working perfectly. I purchased this from someone on Facebook market place & it was still configured to his network. We did a factory reset & it finally connected. Thanks for all of your help. Gary