Answered

Connecting 70v Episode Amp to Sonos Connect or Connect Amp?

• 25 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Right now I'm trying to connect an Episode 70v Amp (2 channels by 300w) to a Connect Amp to run some outdoor speakers. I've seen several related questions here but some are either beyond my technical understanding or just not answered directly.

My question is this: is there a simple adapter/converter which can be used to connect the Episode amplifier's RCA ports to the speaker terminals on my Sonos Connect Amp? I also have a regular Sonos Connect if that's a better solution.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Dan
icon

Best answer by jgatie 25 April 2018, 20:46

The regular Connect is most definitely the better solution. The Connect:Amp's output is amplified in order to power passive speakers. The output from the Connect is either digital or analog line-level output, and that is perfect for feeding a separate amplifier. For that particular amp, you would use the RCA analog line-level outputs from the Connect.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

The regular Connect is most definitely the better solution. The Connect:Amp's output is amplified in order to power passive speakers. The output from the Connect is either digital or analog line-level output, and that is perfect for feeding a separate amplifier. For that particular amp, you would use the RCA analog line-level outputs from the Connect.
Userlevel 7
I was going to suggest a jgatie post from a year ago.🆒 LOL

https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/connecting-a-connect-amp-to-a-receiver-6762864

Cheers!
Great. Thanks for the reply. I’ll review the older post and try the Connect. Thanks!
In the event using the Connect works, that means I’ll will still have an extra Connect Amp available. In which case, I could still use a line out converter of some sort. If that’s possible, any suggestions on an adequate line out converter?

Again, thanks for the help.
Dan
A couple of points:

1. Why not connect your Connect:Amp directly to the speakers and not use the other app? Are the outdoor speakers wired?

2. I don't understand your line out comment. The Connect:Amp does not have a line out.
There are 4 Bose S40’s, 1 Klipsche sub and 2 Bose 360’s wired in series running off the Episode amp. I assume there is no other way to connect all that to the Connect:Amp without something that connects to the speaker terminals.