Connect Five as surround speaker.

• 28 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

So yesterday I set up my new Arc with my existing SUB Gen 3.

Before that I already had 2 pcs of One Gen 2, 1 Five and the Sub Gen 3.

I had that as a music set up at home. But to my disappointment once I connected the SUB to my Arc, the SUB could no longer be paired with my One’s and Five music set up. 

I understand I cant use the SUB at the same time for both TV and Music. But is there a way that it can be connected to both setups. So when I watch TV the SUB is connected to ARC, but when TV is off and I want to play music, can it be connected to the music setup without me having to go to SONOs app and change the setup every time?

Another question. When I go to the ARC in the APP it say I can add surround speakers. But once there I can only add the One Gen 2, there is not an option to add the Five. Doesn't Five support being connected to Arc? 🤔

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

As things are currently, you have to unbond the sub each time you want it associated with a “music speakers” room or a “home theatre” room. Lots of owners want this changed; Sonos does not pre-announce new features. 

You need a pair of speakers for surrounds; the Five on its own is not a pair, even though it is capable of playing in stereo. 

You need a pair of speakers for surrounds; the Five on its own is not a pair, even though it is capable of playing in stereo. 

That explains. So if I would have 2 pcs of Five I would be able to add them to my ARC surround?

That explains. So if I would have 2 pcs of Five I would be able to add them to my ARC surround?

Yes, instead of the Ones (but not in addition to). But many people consider that the Ones work very well as surrounds and that Fives are excessive.  Of course, there are also people who think otherwise!

Yes, instead of the Ones (but not in addition to). But many people consider that the Ones work very well as surrounds and that Fives are excessive.  Of course, there are also people who think otherwise!

I started with one Sonos One Gen 2. Then I got a Five. And then another One.

After that I ordered a Sub and one Arc.

And now I just ordered two more One’s for my TV set up

This was an expensive tale 😣🤷‍♂️