Answered

Connect ceiling speakers to Sonos Arc

• 17 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello Sonos-ians, I have a sonos arc and in built existing ceiling speakers (not sonos). I would like to connect them to my sonos arc for a full surround sound experience. Can you please advise what is the best way to achieve that? My TV is Sony A8H and has HDMI eARC.

Typo in the title -Ceiling*

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by John B 17 April 2021, 18:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Hi. The Sonos Amp is what you need. This will connect wirelessly to the Arc and by wires to the speakers. The ceiling speakers will be the 'rear surround speakers' for the system. 

Badge

Thanks John. Wanted to understand the connection...I have 4 banana plugs in the wall & 1 red & 1 black plug to connect to the amp. Wondering how to connect to the right & left of thesonos amp?

Apologies, i am a newbie at this!

How many ceiling speakers are there?

Badge

Two

I am not sure what you mean by "one red and one black plug¹. How do these relate to the banana plugs? Are those plugs on cables? 

Badge

Apologies for the late response, pls see attached images. The 4 banana plugs go into the wall outlet, the other end of these plugs end up in 1 red connection and 1 black connection. Please advise on how do the red and black connect to the back of the sonos amp.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7

You need to get new speaker cables like these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0713ZJDFG/

And connect them from the wall to the left and right channel banana plug jacks on the Sonos Amp:

Badge

Ok cool...will check it out!

Thanks for all your help 👍🏻