Answered

Connect amp turn table and 2no. play 1s

• 24 October 2018
  • 8 replies

Hi

I have 2 play 1s which appear to work fine. I just bought a connect amp with the intention of playing vinyl from a turntable wirelessly through the play 1s. The volume is super low and tinny. I am not using a pre amp ( was under the impression that the connect amp replaces the pre amp). Have I made a mistake buying the connect amp? Prefer not to use wired speakers.

Thanks

Look forward to hearing from anyone.
icon

Best answer by Chris 24 October 2018, 00:20

The Connect:Amp is to power speakers not as a Pre-amp for turntable. Yep you got the wrong thing.

You need a pre-amp for your turntable (non-sonos) and then a Sonos unit with input (such as connect or Play:5)
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Connect:Amp is to power speakers not as a Pre-amp for turntable. Yep you got the wrong thing.

You need a pre-amp for your turntable (non-sonos) and then a Sonos unit with input (such as connect or Play:5)
So I could use tha connect amp do this but I need a pre amp also?
Something like this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And yes it can hook to the connect:amp as well. But if your. Not going to use wired speakers the connect would be better choice.
Ok thanks for this, one query: By better choice, do you mean cheaper or better performance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Line in - same performance
Cheaper yes
Gives you analog and digital out if you ever want to play to another device vs amplified output of connect:amp
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And on a side note I would not buy a Connect:amp right now with the replacement model coming out next month.