Answered

Connect Amp

I currently have 4 zones in my home want to add a 5th for speakers for pool area. All connect amps are connected to router with ethernet cable. Do I have to connect the new connect amp via ethernet or can i just use the wi fi to run speakers?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 13 June 2018, 09:37

Hi

Your system is running in Boost mode (not to be confused with the Boost product from Sonos) and so all Sonos devices will attempt to connect using the Sonos mesh network called SonosNet and so yes this will work fine without being wired to the Router. The reality with regard to your question though, is that it will depend upon how close your non wired Sonos device is to your other wired Sonos Connect Amp's and what the construction of the walls are between these two devices.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi

Your system is running in Boost mode (not to be confused with the Boost product from Sonos) and so all Sonos devices will attempt to connect using the Sonos mesh network called SonosNet and so yes this will work fine without being wired to the Router. The reality with regard to your question though, is that it will depend upon how close your non wired Sonos device is to your other wired Sonos Connect Amp's and what the construction of the walls are between these two devices.
All my equipment is on a rack in the basement and i would be putting new connect amp with existing equipment. I had the house wired professionally so not sure how to connect new amp with ethernet cable and would rather not mess with it.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings