computer not responding while add music library

• 23 September 2021
  • 1 reply

hi,

just want to share my finding in case anyone meet the same issue.

My setup:

i have a PC and sonos on the same network, firewall disabled from both PC and router.

I also added sonos app to allowed app and what not on my pc.

I’m able to access my shared music folder from my phone on the same network.

background:

I’m a senior java developer :)

i tried to add 2 network folder as music folders, got a bit inpatient and try to add both folder at the same time without giving time for the sonos desktop app to index finish the first.

discovery:

i found that i hit an error and wasnt able to add both folder at all.

i tried reinstall app but still wont work.

solution:

i found that if i try to add another folder, i was able to.

Hence, i begin to suspect that the folder path was saved somewhere and wasnt deleted and resulted in duplicate of path. I went ahead to change my music folder name from music to music1 and suddenly it works. i did the same to my other music folder and it works perfectly.

in case you have trouble adding music library, you can try my method. do remember i did the adding of library through desktop app cause the mobile seems unable to add without credential which network folder dont need.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @alantannnnnnnn 

Welcome to the Sonos Community, and thank you for sharing your experience and advice.

It seems a bit strange to me, but I can’t argue with results. If you were to get in touch with our technical support team, they might be able to get a clearer picture of what’s going on there.

I’m glad to hear your able to listen to your music again, however!