Answered

Cant set up CR200 remote to Connect:Amp

My connect:amp is working perfectly.
When I try to connect my CR200 ("to an existing network") the remote asks me to press (PLAY and VOLUME UP) and another button-but I don't have that extra button! What do I do please?
icon

Best answer by John B 27 March 2017, 20:29

Boost mode is when you have a Sonos component wired to your router. It doesn't have to be a Sonos Boost.

Are you sure you want to use this controller rather than the free app for tablet, phone or computer? The CR200 doesn't have full functionality.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Boost mode is when you have a Sonos component wired to your router. It doesn't have to be a Sonos Boost.

Are you sure you want to use this controller rather than the free app for tablet, phone or computer? The CR200 doesn't have full functionality.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
You do need to have a Sonos device wired to the network at all times to use the CR200. That controller only connects to the SonosNet wireless, created by Sonos devices while one is wired into the network. It can't connect to the router's wireless. You could use a BRIDGE or BOOST wired into the network to create this network if you didn't want to have the CONNECT:AMP wired in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
All talk,

That's the idea! 🙂
First, you must be in Boost mode to use a CR200. Secondly, these things generally require direct intervention by Sonos Support to get going so I suggest giving them a call.
Thanks-Wtf is boost mode? I have so much to learn...
I'll dig around but really need to know what that third button is!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Is the third button you're looking for one with an infinity symbol on it or two arrows? If so, it's an either or type of thing. Those buttons are the connect buttons from a BRIDGE or a BOOST, which if you don't have one, isn't a problem. You do need to have that CONNECT:AMP wired into the network to use the CONTROL. During the setup process for a CONTROL (previously called the CR200) you'd press the Mute (or play/pause) and Plus on the CONNECT:AMP as indicated. No buttons are pressed on the CR200 itself.
Ah thanks. Ive been trying to set it up wirelessly.
The remote is no good to me if I have to permanently hardware the connect:amp to the router. If it's only during setup that's fine.
I'll try again later-many thanks!
Ryan, you are a star. Thanks for that (and everyone else too).
I have the app on my phone but it's a pain to fiddle with unlocking it, finding the app etc just to turn it on.
I'm rewirimg the house this year so I'll run some cable and bung in an old router to get this running.
Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
If it helps, sometime this year you'll be able to use an Amazon Alexa device to tell Sonos to start playing.
Sure, Ryan, sure. All talk, ......

🙂