Question

Cannot setup playbar and sub

• 13 August 2019
  • 3 replies

I recently bought a used sonos playbar and sub. Worked well at sellers place and looks in good condition. Now I factory reset playbar and sub and trying to connect to my wireless but is not happening. It connected for like 15 minutes played well then sonos controller couldn't find any system. Speakers sound good but the connectivity and software sucks. Have already lost so many hours in just connecting and setting up. Now again I am trying to connect but connot add playbar...even if I finally able to add and sonos says you can disconnect and place in desired location, when I disconnect- move-reconnect, sonos controller says cannot connect. My wifi is strong and connects TV and such well in my room. Any help please?

3 replies

So, it connects while you've got it wired with an ethernet cable, but when you remove the ethernet cable, it doesn't stay connected, despite the fact that you've entered in your wifi information in the controller?

It's possible that there's some sort of failure in the wifi system of the device. Keep it connected for now, so it shows up in the controller, and submit a system diagnostic.

Then contact Sonos Support to discuss the number that you get from the diagnostic process. Sonos will likely be able to tell if the wifi system is broken or not. And if not, they'll probably have some suggestions on why it isn't connecting. Some of those might be in the wifi interference FAQ, which talks about lots of potential reasons why something might not connect.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
Duplicate post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi Shaun Stha

Just because you have a strong Wi-Fi signal and other components connect as prescribed doesn't necessarily mean that Sonos will not have connection issues. Not to worry 99% of Wi-Fi connection issues can be resolved. BTW don't ask where I got the 99% benchmark 🤔. That said can you provide information about your network such as:

1. Is it a router and modem separates?
  2. Is it a router/modem all in one (AiO)?
  3. Are there ant range extenders in your setup?
  4. Are there security camera base station and/or baby monitors near by?
  5. Is it a Wi-Fi-Mesh setup with a main node and two or three satellite nodes?
  6. Have you tried changing the channel on your Sonos app (choices are 1, 6, 11)?
Let us know. Cheers!