Answered

Cannot see wired sonos system when connected to Tenda MW3

• 27 July 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
I had to change my wifi recently and ever since my Sonos system is invisible to the app.
If I have my phone connected to my Tenda mesh I get the "no Sonos on this network" message.
If i fire up and old 2.4g AP and connect to that then suddenly the app can see the system. My router can see the sonos on the system but the app cannot. My system is wired to a Play 3 and I have 2 Play 5's connected by sonosnet. I've given up trying to get my bridge to work that hasn't worked for a year or 2 no matter what I try.
icon

Best answer by ratty 27 July 2019, 21:38

Put the Tenda system into bridge/AP mode.

Alternatively, wire the Sonos to a LAN port on the first Tenda unit, not to your existing router.
View original

6 replies

Put the Tenda system into bridge/AP mode.

Alternatively, wire the Sonos to a LAN port on the first Tenda unit, not to your existing router.
Badge +2
Cheers I'll have a look at this.
Badge +2
So wiring the Sonos to the Tenda allows me to see it on the wifi but now hides it from the controller on my PC connected by ethernet.
Partial solution but covers the way we access the system most of the time thanks.
Need to see if I can put the Tenda into bridge/AP mode but I have a feeling this can't be done.

Cheers
My alternative advice was based on the premise that all your local devices would be connected to the LAN side of the Tenda kit. Your PC is presumably wired to the main router, hence it's on the WAN side of your Tenda router.

I believe that bridge mode is an option for the Tenda MW3. You can google for the directions.

Or, you could wire the PC to one of the Tenda units.
Badge +2
Just checked no AP mode. I was struggling to find it in the app. I did think when setting up the app seemed very basic, it would seem my original thoughts were right.

It would appear I'm paying the price for buying the cheaper set now.

Cheers for the help, I'm no expert in neworks but don't understand how my router can see the Sonos kit but the app/controller can only see it depending on where the connection is.

Some bedtime reading for me.
Badge +2
Ignore that I downloaded the manual rather than believing an internet review and I do now have bridge mode and all is sorted cheers.