Cannot login to the app.

• 23 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi.

I have just bought a Sonos SL One.

After downloading the app I created a new user account and tried to login. After some thinking, the app says there’s a network problem. It says check the network connection and make sure every product is connected. If you still have issues, check the date - and time preferences on the phone.

My neighbour also uses Sonos and he has no problem logging in.

All other devices in my home is online so there is no problem with the network.

Anyone knows why I get this message?

Kind regards

Kristian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tirrazo

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Also, thank you for purchasing Sonos products. Let me help you with this.

An iOS (version 11 or higher) or Android (7.0 and higher (not supported on Chromebooks) device is required to set up a new Sonos system or add new products. Also, you need to create a new account to register your Sonos One SL speaker. To check if you have successfully created a new Sonos account, please go to this link and sign in to your account. If you were able to login successfully then there’s no issue with your account. Once your account is created, ensure that your Sonos One SL is powered on and giving you a flashing green light. This means that it’s ready to be setup.

Set up a new Sonos system with Sonos One SL

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. Tap Set up a new system, then create or sign in to your Sonos account.
  3. Tap Add on the popup showing your Sonos product. If using the Sonos S1 Controller, tap Continue > Set up products.
  4. Follow the steps in the app to set up Sonos One SL and add your music services.
  5. If your Sonos One SL is having trouble connecting during setup, check our “Product not found” article for some help.

If you’re still facing issues setting up your Sonos One SL, I recommend contacting our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I have a Samsung S9 with Android 10.

I am able to login to the link you sent me and access the account online.

The SL One is flashing green and powered.

It’s not possible to login to my account in the app, it just says it’s a network problem. I have tried to enter the wrong email and password, the app does not mention it’s wrong login credentials, just that there’s a network problem.

If I turn off Wifi on the phone, the app says that I have to connect to Wifi.

To check if there is any difference I tried to logon to the account from my Wifi at work. It’s still the same message about the network problem.

Should I call or send an email to the support team?

Kind regards

Kristian

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Tirrazo, thanks for trying that.

Do you have any VPN or security apps on the Samsung S9? If so, mind temporarily disabling these, and checking if you continue to get the same message when trying to log in to the app?

If you’re still having trouble, feel free to reach out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call, they’ll have more tools available to help you get this resolved :)

Hi,

Thank you!

The VPN is turned off and I still can’t login.

I haven’t tested to restart the router, so I will do that.

Somehow the chat is not available. “There are no representatives available to chat.”