Cannot find the network

Hi there,

We are trying to set up our play 1 and on our macbook pro the play 1 is showing up, but it won't show up on the app on my iphone. Any idea? It says "existing system not found". Both are on the same network.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hello, EMS2018. What type of network are you connecting to? Is this for work or at home? Does the local network have wireless extenders? The more information we have about the network Sonos is connecting to, the better we can help.

Thanks!
It is an office network, network does have wireless extenders. The iPhone and the Macbook are both on the same network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
While they may be on the same network, your iPhone is likely connecting to a different access point than your MacBook and Sonos. Try rebooting your iPhone to see if it will connect to the same access point as the others. Alternatively, is your Play:1 plugged into the office network via Ethernet or is it setup on WiFi? I've seen users have success with having Sonos plugged into the Office network directly, rather than connecting through larger wireless networks.
So he tried all of that and nothing.
Keith, do you have any more ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
I would recommend talking to your Office IT team for more insight on how to get it set up. They have a deeper understanding of that particular office network and can likely come up with a way to access a network device (Sonos) from any access point on the network. Some enterprise networks have rules or settings that get in the way of Sonos talking over the larger network.
I am part of the IT team, which is why I reached out. We have 1 that is setup and 2 that will not connect. The Play 1 shows up on the mac, but does not on the phone.
EMS2018 wrote:

I am part of the IT team, which is why I reached out. We have 1 that is setup and 2 that will not connect. The Play 1 shows up on the mac, but does not on the phone.

If that is an iPhone, by any chance, there is every possibility that the mobile will see your access point as a different network, even if broadcasting the same SSID/Password etc. I would ensure the phone and speakers are connected to the same device, even if that means forgetting the network on the phone itself and switching off the access points temporarily. Whatever you do, make sure the access points are broadcasting on the same 2.4ghz WiFi channel.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings