Answered

Cannot Connect to Music Library

• 7 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I changed PCs and now cannot connect Sonos to my music library. I get the following error msg:

Unexpected error occurred while importing playlists.Unexpected error occurred while importing playlists.

Only one album, one track appears in the Sonos Controller Music Library area.

I have re-mapped to the music files, and updated the music library numerous times.

I have also checked standard ports and firewall rules, and have deleted/re-installed Sonos numerous times with and without Nortons.

Here is my diagnostics confirmation #:

Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 October 2021, 12:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BCToday 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It looks like your new PC doesn’t have SMBv1 enabled - you may need to activate it. However, Sonos uses SMB as a last resort, so we’d prefer to try all other options first.

Is your new computer’s network name DESKTOP-3LG4L4V? If not, then Sonos may still be trying to find your old computer.

Additionally, some DNS requests are taking 5 seconds - I recommend you also reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds. Reboot the PC afterwards.

If you continue to have trouble I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly (via phone), who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system, and even perform the fix for you.