Answered

Cannot connect Sonos one SL

We have had three Sonos products on one system but recently the Sonos One SL disappeared from the system for no apparent reason. We have tried to re-add it to the system by resetting the factory settings. The app says it recognizes the product and has added it to our system; it also says that the product may not appear initially and, if so, to un-plug the product then turn it back on again to complete set up. I have done that several times but the product is still not appearing on the system with the other products. I have also rebooted my wi-fi but that has made no difference.

What can I do?

icon

Best answer by James L. 3 May 2021, 15:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @simon69 , 

What kind of router do you have? Is it a BT Smart Hub 2? If so, have a read of this article and let me know how you get on.

Hi - no its a Sky hub. We have tried connecting product to the router with ethernet cable and then doing a factory reset to rejoin product to the system but that makes no difference either. During the set up process, the ‘adding to the system’ bit takes ages before saying its done.

Badge +17

Hi - no its a Sky hub. We have tried connecting product to the router with ethernet cable and then doing a factory reset to rejoin product to the system but that makes no difference either. During the set up process, the ‘adding to the system’ bit takes ages before saying its done.

Understood, thanks for coming back to me. I recommend getting in touch with our customer care team for some live troubleshooting. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at your system to figure out why your One SL isn’t able to be added. They’re also able to take diagnostics directly from the player to see what it “sees” during the setup process. Do let us know how you get on after working with them :slight_smile:

OK thanks James, I will give it a go.