cannot connect Move to Wifi network

• 28 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Have tried deleting S2 app, factory reset sonos move, reinstall etc  worls fine with bluetooth on my Iphone11 but not my wifes iphon 8

when reinstalling it does not connect to my wifi network, it finds the speaker but stops at can not connect . It couldnt add move to the system tab, somehow i succeded with that but after clicking on the icon for move,  it says time to finalize blabla la” and then”adding sonos move” stand for a while then ” your mobile unit can not communicate with sonos. Check network and try again”

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jorin69, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern to us as well as the steps you have performed. Let me help you out.

In Bluetooth mode, the Sono Move can be paired to one device at a time. You need to unpair the other mobile device for the other to connect.

I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Did you factory reset your Sonos Move? Is this the first time you will set it up?
2. What's the LED light status on your Sonos Move?
3. Have you tried turning off your Sonos Move?

To further assist you with this, please submit a diagnostic report and post here the confirmation number to check your system functionality and to further assist you with this.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. We'll wait for your reply.

HI, and thanks for a quick respons even on an saturday evening.

For the bluetooth -of course, thats the case,

Regarding wifi, Yesterday evening I finally got it to work. I Factory reset it for the fifth time or so. Installed it, got the same errormessage (Can not connect), reboot it, now it connected.

Clicked on the icon  to Add Sonos Move - but it just idle. Cancelled to operation and suddenly I could log in to the system.  When doing so, the earlier Add Sonos Move appeared and added it to the systemtab.

So I got it to work but it does not feel stable- so to say. If you see something in the diagnostics that I sent you It would be grate to have it verified. Thanks in advance

Regards

//Johan

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jorin69, thank you for your response and for providing additional information about the issue with your Sonos Move. Can you please provide us the diagnostic report confirmation number for us to check? Appreciate your response. 

HI, 582085543

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jorin69. thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me check it for you.

Based on the report, there’s an audio dropout due to sync errors that may be causing the issue with your Sonos Move.

I would like to suggest the following steps to check if this would help out.

1. If you have access to your router settings, below are the settings that need to be verified. You can contact your Interner Service Provider or router manufacturer for assistance.
    • The auto channel must be set to Off
    • Choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)
    • Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz
    • Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled
    • UPnP should be enabled
    • 802.11 bands should be set to b/g/n
    • Airtime Fairness should be disabled (if applicable)
  2. Identify devices that may be causing the interference
    • Move away from the devices from your Sonos speakers or turn them off. Check Sonos if there's an improvement with the performance.
    • Re-check Sonos’ performance.
    • 4. Relocate the affected speaker(s) to determine if it is a wireless range issue.

If the issue is not fixed, I recommend continuing to work with us over the phone with our Sonos Customer Care support to perform in-depth troubleshooting. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to provide the best option for you. Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.