Answered

Can you have more than one setup in a zone?

Unable to find a similar question being asked. I currently have a couple of Play 1's and the sub in bedroom for music only. Thinking of purchasing the beam as its the ideal size to accompany a small(ish) TV. Can I setup two systems (so to speak) within the same zone? i.e. Music - Play 1's + sub. TV - Beam and Sub only? :?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Edward R 7 August 2018, 13:52

Hi, chubba. From my understanding, you would like to use the SUB, both with the PLAY:1's and the Beam, though not at the same time? This is not possible. Theoretically, you could have your PLAY:1's and Beam in the same room, calling them "Bedroom Music" and "Bedroom Television". You still need to unbond and bond your SUB to these separate zones, however. Does this answer your question?
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi, chubba. From my understanding, you would like to use the SUB, both with the PLAY:1's and the Beam, though not at the same time? This is not possible. Theoretically, you could have your PLAY:1's and Beam in the same room, calling them "Bedroom Music" and "Bedroom Television". You still need to unbond and bond your SUB to these separate zones, however. Does this answer your question?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You could group the Play:1s and Sub with the Beam but you wouldn't then have true 5.1 (really 3.0 from beam and accompanying 2.1 from the Play:1 group).

But you should just pair them all as 5.1 and enjoy. I actually like the way the full 5.1 system plays music. Not stereo but more special version of.
That's correct Edward, I just couldn't put it into words! 🙂 Shame you can't do this with the software, it's something they ought to think about. It does answer my question however. Thanks.

I see what you mean Chris but don't really like the idea of playing music in bedroom that would also include the beam. May just go for the Polk MagniFi Mini instead to get around this. I have a very good 5.1 system in the lounge and not fussed about a 2nd, just the dialogue channel and some bass would be nice.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings