Question

Can't factory reset the playbar & surrounds won't work

• 17 January 2017
  • 1 reply

1) I have followed the instructions - unplug > hold down mute button and plug back in > hold and wait for amber light > amber and white light flashes ... but then it immediately turns to flashing red. There is no flashing green.

2) During initial setup, my iphone sonos app can't find the "SONOS" wifi network. The only way I can set it up is through the ethernet connected directly to the router.

3) The surround speakers (2 play 1's via wifi) won't make any noise. The playbar is wired into the router. The surround speakers only work when as surround when one of them is hard wired into the router. When unpaired from the playbar, they each work fine independently or as stereo over wifi or ethernet.

FYI the router is a brand new LINKSYS EA7300 router.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
1) I have followed the instructions - unplug > hold down mute button and plug back in > hold and wait for amber light > amber and white light flashes ... but then it immediately turns to flashing red. There is no flashing green.

2) During initial setup, my iphone sonos app can't find the "SONOS" wifi network. The only way I can set it up is through the ethernet connected directly to the router.

3) The surround speakers (2 play 1's via wifi) won't make any noise. The playbar is wired into the router. The surround speakers only work when as surround when one of them is hard wired into the router. When unpaired from the playbar, they each work fine independently or as stereo over wifi or ethernet.

FYI the router is a brand new LINKSYS EA7300 router.

Hi andrewm1,

Does the PLAYBAR show up on your Sonos app when you have a unit wired into your network? Please wire in a unit so your app can connect then send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.