Question

Can't connect to new playbar

• 30 July 2020
  • 7 replies

i’ve bought a sonos playbar but i can’t set it up

the app recognize it but when i have to push both play and volume up buttons it does nothing, no leds flashing … nothing

when i plug it up there is a white led that flashes once then it stays lit for about 10 s then it turns off

i tried to reset it but same thing, no leds flashing or anything

i live in romania and the playbar was bought in germany

can anyone help me?

or where can i send it for service or replacement? 

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @cristisipo.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate that you already tried to set up your Sonos Playbar, but sorry to hear that it was not successful, let me help and try to figure this out.

I just want to understand better the situation by asking you a few more details:

• Right now, what’s the status of the LED light on the Playbar?
  • Do you have an existing Sonos system or this is your first Sonos product?
  • How far is the Sonos product from the router? 
  • Are you trying to set it up wirelessly?
  • Have you tried to connect it directly to your router using an ethernet cable?

Note: You can connect it directly to your router with an Ethernet cable and try setting it up again.

If this is successful, you will be able to remove the Ethernet cable by following our guide on switching between a wireless and wired setup.

Regarding your replacement inquiry, you can contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I suggest phone support because they have more resources available on their system.

The toll-free contact number is 1-800-680-2345

Their hours of operations are Mon-Fri 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

hi,

• the led is off on standby, after plugin it in the led flashes once (white) then solid white for another 10s or so then it turns off
  • i have no system set up, this is my first sonos
  • the router is close to the playbar, i have also tried a wired setup but the problem isn’t that the app doesn’t recognize it, the app sees it and prompts me to press the play+volume up buttons and that is what i can’t do(when i press them nothing happends)

I don’t know it i have any warranty or if it applies but it’s a little to expensive to “trow away” and i’d prefer to fix it in some way

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @cristisipo.

Thanks for your response and for providing us these additional details.

I understand where you’re coming from, and I appreciate your cooperation.

It looks like there’s something that’s avoiding the connection of the Playbar to the registration server and it can’t go through.

• Is the Playbar still hardwired to the router via ethernet cable?
  • Kindly provide the make and model of the router for me to check if there’s an ongoing issue or any setting that needs to be configured to work with Sonos.
  • I suggest checking this article about Sonos system requirements for a list of supported devices and features.
  • If you bought it from Sonos, definitely it comes with a warranty policy, but I’d be willing to help with identifying what could be the cause of the issue so we can find options to resolve it.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

hi, 

the playbar is back in the box now, it’s not plugged in anymore 

I don’t think that is a problem with the router, my router is Tenda AC10U

my problem is that when i push play+volume up nothing happens, when the app prompts me to push them a green led should lite up but mine not

the playbar isn’t bought from sonos directly 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @cristisipo.

Thanks for your response.

Please know that we are here to help you, but I definitely respect your decision on this.

You can have this coordinated with the Point of Sale / Seller to discuss your best option as well as the warranty policy.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

You’re always welcome here in the community.

can you please tell me what authorized service is closest to me please

i live in Romania, Bucharest

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @cristisipo.

Thanks for your response.

If you’re pertaining to the nearest authorized store in your place, you can check ‘Find a Store’ option on the Sonos website, here is the link: https://www.sonos.com/en/storelocator

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.