Can't connect Sonos Play3 to app

I bough a Sonos Play 3 second hand. I downloaded the app on my iPhone. It won't let me connect. Instead of a green light blinking, I only see a white light blinking.

4 replies

Anne,

Have you done a factory reset on the device? If not, you should. They've just changed the setup of this support site, so let me post the full link for you.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096

I would think it would be important that after doing this procedure, you would want to connect the PLAY:3 to your router with an ethernet cable in order to set it up as a "fresh" speaker. Once you've got it set up properly, you could, if you chose, to remove the ethernet cable.
Duplicate post, my apologies.
Thanks for posting! I tried resetting - but wasn't successful. It's a bit confusing to figure out what the Play/Pause button is. On Sonos Play 3 there is what looks like a "Mute" button (crossed out speaker), which seems to be the Play/Pause button. If I hold that while plugging the speaker in, eventually the blinking light will turn blinking red but not green. When I unplug the speaker and plug it back in, it'll go back to blinking white.
That would be the correct button, several years ago they changed it in software, but couldn’t repaint all the older speakers buttons;). Probably best for you if you call in to Sonos to get further assistance.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings