Answered

Can SONOS answer a real question?

• 16 September 2021
  • 9 replies

Simple Question:

If I were to buy a SONSO product today (which i won’t - you lot me as a customer) how long will it be before you hoodwink me with my new SONOS products? We talking 6-years again? Just don’t understand how I, or anyone else could ever trust you again…. Can you give me an honest answer about how long my “new” SONOS product will work before you pull the same tricks?

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 16 September 2021, 11:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

EVERY Sonos speaker product is still supported and capable of being used.  Some of the speakers go back to 2005, which is over 15yrs now.

The items that were retired was the bridge, which is no longer needed anyway, and some of the Sonos controllers, the option being to use a mobile phone, tablet, mac or PC.

Exactly what is your gripe?

More to point, since you are not going to buy Sonos by your own words, why does this matter to you?

Simple Question:

If I were to buy a SONSO product today (which i won’t - you lot me as a customer) how long will it be before you hoodwink me with my new SONOS products? We talking 6-years again? Just don’t understand how I, or anyone else could ever trust you again…. Can you give me an honest answer about how long my “new” SONOS product will work before you pull the same tricks?

First off, your question is loaded.   You can’t expect an honest answer when you don’t ask an honest question.  Second, Sonos has stated that they will continue to support product for a minimum of 5 years after the product is discontinued.  Based on history, it’s fairly safe to assume that support will continue on much longer than that.  To be clear, ‘support’ in this context means that the product will continue to work with Sonos current lineup of products and may even receive functional upgrades.   

It surely would be much more useful if you were to explain the situation that’s prompted you to post. 

Simple Question:

It’s been over a year, dude.  Let it go.

It surely would be much more useful if you were to explain the situation that’s prompted you to post. 

The OP has an S1 system. He bought a Roam.

The OP has an S1 system. He bought a Roam.

So the OP did buy a new Sonos product after the S1/S2 split?  Which means the post is just for drama.  DFTT.   

Yep... I did buy another product... And that is how I realized that it won't work with my current ecosystem without losing my play 5 I have to "update" my app and that will cut off one of my favorite speakers.

That product I bought  is on its way back to SONOS. Which I do give the credit...at least they will let me return it.

BTW high speed....I have been in Iraq and not paying attention to SONOS...dude.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You do not have to upgrade other speakers to S2 when using a new S2 only speaker. Just take your old speakers off the power, set up the Roam with the S2 app.

You do not have to upgrade other speakers to S2 when using a new S2 only speaker. Just take your old speakers off the power, set up the Roam with the S2 app.

Or, leave everything powered on and update everything that’s eligible to S2, leaving what’s not (Play:5) by itself on S1.   

You can have both S1 and S2 systems running at the same time.  You just won’t be able to play speakers across systems in sync.

It seems like OP already made the decision to return the Roam though, so it’s moot.