Answered

Can I use Sonos 5.1 Surround Set with Playbase and One in two different modes?

• 26 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I just got my new Sonos system and I couldn't be happier. I've configured the speakers (Playbase, Sub and two Ones) for my home theater and the sound is amazing. I also want to use the system for music and I'm wondering if there's a way of making and saving a different speaker setup using either just the 2 Ones as a stereo pair (or preferably, the 2 Ones as a stereo pair with the Sub) for music only listening. I'm sure I could reconfigure how I use the Ones and Sub, but I obviously wouldn't want to reconfigure everything each time I switch from music to home theater and back again. Any help greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by nik9669a 26 June 2019, 16:28

I’m sure someone will be along soon to confirm, but I think the answer is no.

But

you can set the surrounds to “full” in the advanced audio of the room settings. This will give more volume when playing music, rather than “ambient” as surround effects speakers.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
I’m sure someone will be along soon to confirm, but I think the answer is no.

But

you can set the surrounds to “full” in the advanced audio of the room settings. This will give more volume when playing music, rather than “ambient” as surround effects speakers.
Hi. No, reconfiguring is the only way to switch. But make sure that for music the Ones are set to FULL not AMBIENT. You can also adjust the relative levels of Playbase and surrounds in the app.

Experiment a bit and see if you can get a result you are happy with.
Badge +1
Thanks for the info.