Answered

Can I use my new Roam with existing Boost in 11 Speaker system?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 31 replies

Hello,

Recently I added a Roam to my existing system:

Boost
3 x Play:1
2 x OneSL
2 x Play:3
1 x Play:5
Playbase
Sub

I got the Roam working using WiFi and Bluetooth to my mobile, but I had trouble swapping back from Bluetooth to WiFi so I decided to unpair the Roam from Bluetooth.

The Roam is working OK using WiFi (or Boost?) but I’m hoping to use Bluetooth and Sound Swap to stream from my mobile to all my speakers (through the Roam). Is this possible?

This article says Boost is not compatible with Sound Swap

https://www.pocket-lint.com/speakers/news/sonos/156050-what-is-sonos-sound-swap-how-does-it-work-and-which-speakers-is-it-available-on

Does that mean my Boost is preventing my Roam from doing Sound Swap?

When I look at my WiFi network list on my router the Roam always appears as offline, even when it’s active. I’m guessing this is because it’s communicating through the Boost instead, but I’m not sure.

Do I have to remove my Boost to get full Roam functionality?

Any guidance or advice appreciated …

icon

Best answer by buzz 2 May 2021, 04:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

BOOST does not matter. Here are some additional details about which products will swap.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks @buzz I’ve made some progress since, and will soon try Bluetooth again.

If I read correctly, Audio from bluetooth can’t be sound swapped by Roam, but I’m hoping I can set up audio from my mobile bluetooth to Roam, and then extend to other speakers simply by grouping. Wish me luck ...