Answered

Can I use Bose Acoustimass as subwoofer and Bose cube speakers as surround to pair with the Sonos Beam?

Badge
  • Contributor III
  • 6 replies
I have the Sonos Beam. I also have an old Bose Lifestyle system with a malfunctioning receiver/media unit. But the Acoustimass subwoofer and the cube speakers should still be good. Can I hookup the Bose subwoofer and speakers with the Beam to complete a 5.1 system?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 December 2018, 20:54

Not in any way that I can think of, no.

The only way I can think of to use other companies speakers as surrounds is listed in this FAQ:

Setting up CONNECT:AMP as surround speakers

View original

5 replies

Not in any way that I can think of, no.

The only way I can think of to use other companies speakers as surrounds is listed in this FAQ:

Setting up CONNECT:AMP as surround speakers
Badge
Am I correct that the connect:amp can be used for a sub or a pair of surround speakers, but not both at the same time?
As I recall, that's correct. If it's being used as a surround speaker driver, it wouldn't be sent the LFE channel, only the surround channel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea there is no way to hard wire an LFE speaker in Sonos (only .1 in surround sound has to be a Sonos sub)
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Just in case it's not clear..as Bruce said, when the Connect:amp is used for surrounds, you cannot use a 3rd party sub. The Connect:amp cannot be used to incorporate a 3rd party sub into a Sonos 5.1 system. When the connect:amp is used as it's own separate room, the stereo channels AND sub connection are active.

There is no scenario where the sub connection is active, but the stereo channels are not with the Connect:amp .

The Sonos Amp is a little different. There is a scenario where you could use your existing sub in a Sonos 5.1 system, but in that scenario, the Sonos Amp would be replacing your Beam to cover the front L+R+C channels.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings