Bye Sonos, FOREVER!

• 3 December 2020
  • 2 replies

What is wrong with this company, really? It was a good software company who started making decent speakers, and years ago the devices were so easy to install, operate.

Now, owning a 2000 euro home network, cutting edge Cisco technology, and made it accessible for every ancient and brand new device with PERFECT wifi in every single corner of my house, Sonos DOESN’T work. 

I owned a series of components from the Play1, Play 5 and connect, which were perfect for the earlier years, then I upgraded to a more expensive setup with separate massive amplifier and so on. So I thought, let’s shop IKEA and I bought 2  Symfonisk’s. I saw on Youtube they were based on my previous favorited Play1’s but boy, how was I wrong.

The apps are horrible, S1, S2, WHAT? They show up on both apps, and still AFTER the steps finally asking me to connect back my phone/iPad to my home network (so the app can search for the speakers I guess), bang, no connection, flickering colors, everything.

Connecting them with a LAN cable, no avail, only *** and no connection.

In March (when my old wifi was still up) I bought them, and even then, there were so many mornings without music but the old chime as an alarm, just dropping connection. After upgrading my wifi I just hoped it would improve, but until this day, it still doesn’t f$**** connect.

I am giving them away (2 SYMFONISKS) for free, to my worst enemy. I hope they are at least for 10% as miserable with them as I was. Or maybe the new Sonos are just made for the crappiest networks based on 1 modem from the ISP, as the company is heading to cheap plastics and awful software.

Thanks but no thanks SONOS. -1 customer.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you even made contact with Sonos to help you with your problems and by doing so given them a chance to correct things?

Take care!  Brush your hair!