Answered

BOOST wired to Router but not player

• 15 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Quick question guys. My system is 1 x playbar, 1 x playbase, 1 x play 3, 1 x play 5 and 6 x play 1. Recently moved house the speakers are now spread out over a larger area. 99% of the time no issues but sometimes my system is lagging. If I get a BOOST, does it need to be connected to a player as well as the router or will just being connected to the router be enough?
Thanks in advance...
icon

Best answer by John B 15 August 2018, 20:50

Hi. Just the router. But try wiring a Play speaker temporarily to see if that helps before you splash out on a Boost. You may have to reboot ( power cycle) every Sonos unit to get everything working as it should.

Also, go into Advanced Settings, Wireless Setup, and delete (reset) your wifi credentials.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi. Just the router. But try wiring a Play speaker temporarily to see if that helps before you splash out on a Boost. You may have to reboot ( power cycle) every Sonos unit to get everything working as it should.

Also, go into Advanced Settings, Wireless Setup, and delete (reset) your wifi credentials.
That’s really helpful, thanks John. I think I’ll have to go down the Boost route as opposed to wiring a speaker as my router is in a really awkward spot!