Answered

Boost Usage

• 4 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I am connecting the Sonos in a business. I want to access the speakers through the app, but the wifi is inconsistent. I have a Boost connect through LAN. Will it access through the Boost connected via LAN?
icon

Best answer by Chris 4 December 2018, 23:29

Having a Boost - all your sonos speakers are connected talking to each other on Sonosnet via the boost and to your land.

You can control the speakers by connecting to your wifi - and it will see sonos through your lan (unless something isolates your lan from wifi).

There also is the ability if you have an android phone to have it connect direct to the new Sonosnet signal (which will have better coverage since every sonos unit is sending it out).
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Having a Boost - all your sonos speakers are connected talking to each other on Sonosnet via the boost and to your land.

You can control the speakers by connecting to your wifi - and it will see sonos through your lan (unless something isolates your lan from wifi).

There also is the ability if you have an android phone to have it connect direct to the new Sonosnet signal (which will have better coverage since every sonos unit is sending it out).
Thanks Chris. One more question. I am using the system in a business. I will be connecting the Boost to a LAN, it will power 5 pair of speakers, plus a Connect. I'm using the connect for an internet radio we have connected to the connect. My question is. I'm not sure if the Wifi is isolated form the Wifi. The Wifi is very inconsistent, but I still want to be able to control the speaker volume. They will be mounted high, so the volume buttons on the speakers is not an option.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If your WiFi is week in area android phones have ability to link to the stronger sonosnet.