Answered

Boost and Linksys Velop

• 20 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I just upgraded my old Apple Extreme and basestation extender to the Linksys Velop triband mesh network. Since installing I cannot get my speakers to connect via the Sonos Boost. Is there some sort of conflict with the two mesh networks? Should I go back and set up WiFi vs Boost? Is there a way I can fix this or any known issues?
icon

Best answer by BWizzle 21 July 2018, 22:42

Well I did have the Boost plugged into an extra port on the modem. I plugged the Boost into one of the ports on the base Velop node and it worked first try.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Are you using a network switch by any chance?
Well I did have the Boost plugged into an extra port on the modem. I plugged the Boost into one of the ports on the base Velop node and it worked first try.
Leave it plugged in exactly like that (make sure you only have one cable going into the Boost as well) and go through the process of connecting everything to it. After everything is setup, connect whatever you need (switches, etc.) as normal.

I had the same problem. Ended up factory resting everything and trying what I mentioned and it worked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It is best not to factory reset until you work with the Sonos techs on an issue.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US