Answered

Beam sound keeps cutting out watching TV

Connected Beam to ARC point on Samsung television. Music works well but sound on TV keeps cutting out - any ideas ?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 August 2018, 16:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
From my experience all Samsungs behave differently, so could you reply with the model number, and what the source material format is i.e. Dolby Digital 5.1, 2.0 or Stereo?

I'm currently in discussion with Sonos over occasional drop outs on my 8 series Samsung when receiving a DD 5.1 audio stream.
ue60ks7000 audio format = PCM
used Optic cable and it all works. Clearly a problem with HDMI ARC.
i have the same problem
but also when i am lisening to music
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
It sounds that way, I currently have my series 8 setup using the Optical Coupler Sonos supplied as I don't like the messages that Anynet keeps putting on the screen.

I do get drop outs using DD5.1 so I am thinking the TV is the culprit and its not processing the stream fast enough or introducing error.

I would give the optical coupler ago, it may help resolve the issue with drop outs, you wont be able to control the TV with Alexa, You can teach the beam to recognize your remote so that may be a solution for you.
optical works well, have programmed beam to recognise my tv remote. Keeping clear of HD ARC socket. All ok this way.
Hi There. Same issue for me. I have a quite old Philips TV with HDMI ARC, and I used a FireTV Stick for Netflix. I have audio interruption, especially when there is loud music in background. I'm thinking about using the optical adaptator, but then as you said, no more Alexa control on TV (but I can live without that...). I've tried everything: changind audio/vidéo setting in TV or FireTV Stick, but it's still the same...
Same issue. For data collection purposes:
Samsung Q6F (2018); HDMI cable HDMI/ARC to Beam.
HDMI cable Comcast DVR to Samsung Q6F (2018)
If you want to assist Sonos in helping you, submit a diagnostic from the controller within 10 minutes of experiencing the dropout, and post the number here, or contact them via Twitter of Facebook.
I am having the problem but Í am not prepared to keep having to mess around with the unit. I buy products to enjoy.
I am sending my unit back
Same problem 1153799338
Sony Bravia 55 with ARC