Answered

Beam and two Ones IN FRONT(left and right from beam) for surrounds

Badge
So I have two Ones in stereopair for music in front of me, it's literally on the left and right of my TV. Later I want to buy Beam. I have living room combined with kitchen and I know that Playbar would be better, but in Ukraine Sonos is too much overpriced. 1000 dollars for Playbar is way too much as I recently moved in a new flat. Not mentioning Sub. I was lucky enough to get two Ones for 400 euros and Beam can be found her for 550 dollars.
So, the problem is, right now stereopair in front and it sounds great for music, but when I get Beam, it would be 5.0 and official surrounds set up manual tells that you should put ones BEHIND on the left and right to you.
And I'm really not sure if it would still sound good for music, more over there is table behind me, so most likely I can put surrounds behind, but there is no AC plugs so powering Ones would be a disaster. Is it possible to put surrounds to left and right of beam? Is going to sound good or it's the wrong way of placing?
And if I 100% should place them behind as a surrounds, would it still sound good for music? Cause I don't really know if it's ok if the speakers behind, it seems not right to me when music plays behind you more, than from front.
I'm really new to this home theater thing so please help me to figure out what to do. I looked through internet and there were no info about front placement of Beam and two Ones, Google only show me questions about using Ones as left and right speakers and Beam as center.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 January 2019, 04:01

In my opinion, it would not sound good to have the "surround" speakers in front of you. Were it me, I'd just leave the two Ones in front as a separate room, and use them for music only, once you set up the Beam.

The way that Sonos works, you can not have separate right and left speakers with any of their soundbars...the Beam, PLAYBASE and PLAYBAR all have left, center and right built in to them, and the signal can't be separated out.

View original

1 reply

In my opinion, it would not sound good to have the "surround" speakers in front of you. Were it me, I'd just leave the two Ones in front as a separate room, and use them for music only, once you set up the Beam.

The way that Sonos works, you can not have separate right and left speakers with any of their soundbars...the Beam, PLAYBASE and PLAYBAR all have left, center and right built in to them, and the signal can't be separated out.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings