Answered

Beam and Play:1s from different countries (US and China)

• 22 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies
I recently purchased a Beam from the US that is working great. I'm in HK so have set the region as such.

I'm looking to purchase some Play:1s from China to add as surrounds and was wondering should I expect to see any compatibility issues between the Beam and the Play:1s?

Or should there be no problem so long as both regions are set to HK when grouping them?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by buzz 22 September 2019, 17:36

I don't expect that you'll experience any major issues, however, the power cords might be different. As you add factory fresh units, they will inherit the system settings. If you purchase used units, factory reset these units before connecting them to your network.
View original

2 replies

I don't expect that you'll experience any major issues, however, the power cords might be different. As you add factory fresh units, they will inherit the system settings. If you purchase used units, factory reset these units before connecting them to your network.
Badge
Just an update on this. Finally received the Play:1s... open box returns in what I so far believe to be in mint condition. They work great with my Beam, couldn't be happier!

Setup was pretty simple... was a little worried at first because I couldn't hear anything coming directly out of them, but it ended up being down to the source not having surround channels. Testing with music was much less stressful!

Now all that I have left is Trueplay tuning... and maybe adding a sub one day, if Sonos really is thinking of releasing a more budget friendly model!