Beam and 2 sonos one- setup?

• 12 July 2018
  • 6 replies

OK, so I have a beam preorderd, and I own two sonos one's. The ones are currently on stands on either side of my TV(which is mounted above the fireplace). The beam will reside right under the fireplace. I know the one's will give me surround sound my problem is if I put them where they would need to be they will be in the way in the house-( a slim walkway between couch and door) . I'd love to have surround but If I opt not to what should I do with the one's? Another room is not an option. Wondering if I could leave them basically L and R with the beam and see what happens?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +2
I want to do the same thing. I want to use my two One’s and a left and right channel with my preordered Beam, but not as surround sound.
It will not be a very good experience. There will be duplication of channels and a delay when watching TV.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Wall or Ceiling mount an option?
Thanks all, why will it duplicate channels? no options but One's as rear speakers seams limiting?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Thanks all, why will it duplicate channels? no options but One's as rear speakers seams limiting?
When you add the One's as rear speakers, you're Bonding them. That will give the surround sound and make sure they are in sync. If you Group the Beam and the One's together, that will work just fine for music, but for surround sound it will just play the same as the Beam but a noticeable delay.

Would be great to use Beam as a center channel and the One's as Left and Right, but as of now, that's not programmed in.